5.8.11

I've been to the library

I took a trip to the library as I have a bit of time over the next few weeks and wanted to get looking at some pattern books for dressmaking. I wanted to improve my techniques a bit and so I rummaged through the library for pattern making books.

fabric, sewing, patterns, make, own, dress making, books, library

Some of these books are better than others, some are a bit old.

But I have been looking at how to make blocks, there seems to be a couple of ways to do this, either following the mathematical approach or doing it on the model. Now I am trying a few different ones, a couple of the 'make it on paper' types and also using on the model ideas.

books, library
I'll keep you posted on how it all goes. So far I have been cutting out lots of versions of paper patterns on newspaper and have made up one in fabric and am altering it on the model I haveto get it just right.



No comments: