31.10.10

Knitted Christmas socks

I have made socks before (not as complicated as it sounds) but this is my first attempt at patterned socks.

The first sock I made looked ok, but I had a bit of a problem in that it wasn't stretchy (due to the 'floats' as apparently their called, which stopped it stretching) so this became a stocking instead, a nice stocking though!

So second attempt I looked up about floats and pattern knitting to get some tips on what to do about the problem. Now one sock down and almost through the next, and they are now stretchy yipeee!
Heres where I started:
handmade christmas sock

You can just see the pattern emerging on this sock

christmas sock reindeer

A sock almost done

handmade sock
And my first Christmas sock completed, quite happy with it :)




sock, knit, handmade, red, cream, white, pattern, fair isle, christmas, xmas, reindeer, snowflake, tree, stars

No comments: